"The apparently unendurable conflict is proof of the rightness of your life." -- Jung
Wow. I found this quote some months ago and was struck down, in my case, by its painful aptness. Here's what I would write to Jung if I could. Well, I can. And I am.
Dear Mr. Jung,
Do you mind if I use this quote for my own means, because I believe in its truth for my life, as difficult as it is to stomach.
Warmly,
Tracy
*****************
When the two of us were together in Arles, both of us insane, and constantly at war over beautiful colors, I adored red; where could I find a perfect vermilion? He, taking his yellowest brush, wrote on the suddenly purple wall:
I am of sound mind,
I am the Holy Ghost.
--Paul Gauguin on Vincent van Gogh (source: Wikipedia)
******************
In Vincent and Theo, one of my favorite movies, Vincent paints the following phrase on the wall: "I am whole in spirit. I am the Holy Spirit." I like to think of this phrase as I am the Holy Spirit. I am whole in sprit.
******************
H.A.L.T.: Don't get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.
I also found this in one of my books. It's a deceptively brilliant dictate that I'm working to live by right now.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Tracy,
"HALT" is what I always told my daughters to do while away at college (I have 3 daughters, I write about my youngest who is 20)
Hang in there.
Stephany
It's such a good thing to remember. I have it typed out and up on the fridge right now.
Dear Tracy;
WARNING! To live Art, you must live the complete and entire spectrum of rainbow brilliant colors and emotions, this at times is surely quite painful and at others profusely maddening. But if you can survive the rollercoaster ride, it is sure worth the journey.
You're Bloggery pal,
Stan
Post a Comment