Monday, October 27, 2008

Intermission: Creature Feature

I think that if I could be any kind of photographer, I'd probably be an animal photographer, just like if I could be any kind of doctor, I'd be a vet. I admire, with jealousy, those photos in National Geographic and Smithsonian that shows the smallest creatures with the most amazing detail and color.

I know that comes with practice and top-level equipment, but I'm trying to see what I can do with a good, regular camera. The pictures aren't bad, but I always hope for those photos that are unlike other photos I've taken. Sometimes, however, I just like pictures of my little critters. So, here's what I've got. I was hoping I could get some of the gerbils while they sunbathe. Usually, if I want to get near them when they're in the sun, they scurry off too fast. I've heard that good animal photography takes a lot of patience. No kidding.


Grouchy, food gerbil



Daddy and Jobie, food break



Jobie attempts Hamster Style cage break


Sweet Leaf, Noir gerbil

3 comments:

Daisy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daisy said...

Well, my Mommie is not good at photographing me, but she says it does take lots and lots of patience. And TREATS! She is usually trying to wrangle me with one hand and the camera with another hand. I think she just takes lots and lots of shots and hopes one comes out good. Your gerbils are cute!

Tracy said...

Thank you. They are my little cuties. I have to admit.