Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Six of my Favorite Dreams


I went to a town where there was a church called The Church of the Very Funny Joke and another called The Church of the Staunch Feminist.

I was in a foreign country and ordered a salad. The waitress didn't know what a salad was. I explained to her that it had lettuce and other vegetables. The waitress said, "oh, that's called a 'Michael Caine.'"

I was invited to go to Church of Satan meetings, but I got out of it by saying that I couldn't meet on Wednesdays.

I was in a foreign country and felt lost, but I was taken in by a very nice talking bear who lived in a tree. He gave me a bed for the night, good conversation, and some money. You would be surprised at how many bears have houses inside of trees.

I was on a plane and saw Keith Richards speaking to a member of the flight staff. I stopped by and Keith or the staff member asked me what I was doing. I said, "I'm just waiting on (for?)
a friend." BOOM. Most of you probably recognize this lyric but, in case you don't, "I'm just waiting on a friend" is from the Rolling Stones song "Waiting on a Friend." I love that song.

I lived in a future world in which Earth was no longer inhabited. The land/island where I lived was floating in space. To get my mail I had to drift over to my mailbox. I dropped a letter and was heartbroken and nervous, but the letter bounced back up to me.

No comments: