I found this on a website and thought it was absolutely lovely. Thom Yorke is from the group Radiohead and Michael Stipe is from the group R.E.M. Here is the relation they had during Yorke's depression:
"Yorke has said that Stipe inspires many of his songs and helped him to get out of a period of depression after touring for ''OK Computer'' (1997) and before releasing ''Kid A'' (2000). The song "How to Disappear Completely" from the latter album, was inspired by the words of Stipe, who advised Yorke when depressed to tell to himself, 'I'm not here and this isn't happening . . . .'"
I'm speechless.
Here's a quick video of Thom talking about Michael and how he was helped by Michael during his depression. Thom's body language says it all when asked Michael's kindness.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment