
Here are pictures of the first kitty that I lived with when I was little. I named him Gorilla. He was a peculiar cat who was part feline/part watchdog. He actually scared someone off of our porch one night by jumping up on the windowsill and pouncing full force on the window screen. To see a shadow suddenly run away and down the stairs because of this tiny cat was both terrifying and really, really funny since it was probably a kid. He also refused to let my Aunt Lynda get past our apartment kitchen one time. He was guarding the apartment. His other hobbies included running up and down the hallway while jumping on the walls and somersaults. I mean real somersaults, head between legs and then a roll over. It was one of the oddest things I've seen and I've never seen another cat do it. He also liked to get into Darlin's (my grandmother) stock of thrown out cotton balls that had Seabreeze astringent on them. If you're not familiar with that astringent, it kind of smells like minty alcohol. Gorilla looked like he'd been smoking weed after getting into those cotton balls.One of my favorite pastimes was to annoy the kitty. At least now I look back and see it was annoying. I used to put a cape on him that belonged to my 12" Darth Vader doll. And when I put a towel or scarf on his head, I called him Rambo Kitty. The picture just under the top one is one of my fashionable creations. Note that Gorilla is not amused.
3 comments:
Gorilla sounds like an extra-special kitty!
He was. I sure miss him.
I love tabbies. Gorilla sounds like he was a great kitty.
Post a Comment