Monday, September 22, 2008
A Picture Will Last Longer
After seeing Burn After Reading (which is naughty, good fun that left me gasping . . . but . . . wait . . . what?) on Saturday, I did what I usually do. Stand outside the theater and get sidetracked by the posters and cardboard cutouts. By all the pretty colors and fonts. By the MOVIENESS around me. Oh, look at the weird new "Saw" poster. Is that Jigsaw's face strapped over the face of the person in the poster? Why, yes it is. Then, we've got a cutout for the Armed Forces. Then there's a poster for the upcoming movie Bolt starring John Travolta and Miley Cyrus. Oh, and another cutout. And then a smaller one of some guy . . . that's an odd one. It looks so real. And I realize I'm staring at a guy who then stares back at me and I turn away with that sorry-I-thought-you-were-a-cutout look. I do get advertisement overload at the movie theater, but this was pretty bad. The best part was that I tried to look smooth after staring at the guy instead of saying, "sorry, didn't mean to stare." When guy-who-is-not-a-cutout turned to look at me, I should have yelled John Malkovich's effortlessly repeated Burn After Reading line: What the F----?! Should I have sounded angry? Inquisitive? Confused? Horrified? Only John Malkovich would know.
Labels:
Entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment