
For some reason the other day I was thinking of what monsters mean to me. Of course, the most famous, like Frankenstein's monster and King Kong, are victim's of society's view of them. That has always pulled at my heart. If I see a movie or read a book in which the monster has done everything possible to ruin the lives of everybody in the story and has proven to be pretty disgusting or if they're just plain sad and disgusting, I can't help but feel for them. Think Grendel, think Gregor Samsa in The Metamorphosis, think Moby Dick, think Jabba the Hutt.
There is no secret that these monsters are doing what they are doing. The why of what they're doing can be the most interesting subject, even if the monster doesn't know why. These monsters are walking surgeries, they're exposed, eventually weakened and prone to us in deep and raw pain. Please help the monsters.
No comments:
Post a Comment