Friday, September 26, 2008

INTERMISSION

By the way these INTERMISSION entries are a way to cleanse the palate of both you, the reader, and me, the blogger. Just some fun. A breather from the tougher stuff. So here goes:

The Ballad of Fabio

Oh, Fabio, Fabio was my love
So many years ago
Blond, long hair on his head
And hair on every toe.

When I was only twenty-one
He found me on a cliff
About to jump and maybe die
Because of glue that I did sniff.

"No, no. Do not jump,"
He yelled, sensing my fears.
"Don't yell, don't yell. It hurts my head . . .
Not to mention my ears."

One year later we got married
In a chapel by that cliff.
Hitched. Forever and ever and closer
Than peanuts in a jar of Jiff.

That was many years ago.
Now, I'm all alone.
Sitting, sniffing tubes of glue.
Can't even use the phone.

But I sometimes see on the ragged cliff
What scares me most of all.
A ghost that looks like Fabio.
God, that man has gall.


No comments: