Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Depression, Etc. (#5)

I'm taking a break from recounting my past with depression for this installment of "Depression, Etc." to let you know about the latest stuff I've been dealing with. For the past day I've been able to speak very little. Yesterday, I thought my heart would break if I said anything. I felt too sad to form words, then I felt like I didn't want to speak. This alternated for a while. I'm coming out of it, partly because I had to make a call to the bank. I think my depression just placed a veil over me for a while. Matt understands that this is yet another shape my depression takes. He is so good about just being there for me. I had a white board ready in case I needed to write something down to communicate with him, but I ended up making tiny noises and movements when I wanted to speak.

I thought of an addition to the list regarding what depression feels like. It can feel like the monolith from the film 2001: immovable, unexplainable, strangely magnetic, and as beautiful and timeless as a ghost.

1 comment:

Ana said...

I'm so happy I found your blog!
I'm loving your drawings and paintings! I love arts.
I'm sorry you're not feeling fine.
I know the feeling of not wanting to talk.
Hope you feel peace!
Yours,
Ana