I post this video from the film The Royal Tenenbaums for quite a few reasons:
--This is an exquisite scene about a quiet and mundane emotional breakdown that is still so bittersweet. Emotional breakdowns can be tinged with drabness, rather than electricity. They can happen alone and are, often, not a movie-of-the week affair.
--The movie illustrates that tenuous relationships can become beautiful.
--Luke Wilson, the actor in this scene, is a hottie.
--I like to watch guys shave their faces and watch women put on makeup. Haircuts are fun to watch too.
--I love this film.
--I love this song.
--Bill Murray is in the film. He's the shaggy, sad one on the couch.
Don't worry, in this scene you don't see anything happen, only the result.
postscript: The man who wrote this song, Elliott Smith, did commit suicide in his 30s. But he has left an amazing legacy.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment