Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"A Hoy" Award

Hello, all. It's been a tough month or so, but I wanted to briefly come back to let everyone know about the "A Hoy" awards. I hope that I'm back in action by the beginning of the year. But this is a good reason to post:

It's that time, finally, for the founders of "A Hoy" to give out the inaugural awards.
Fellow blogger Matthew Holford began pulling a bunch of us together to choose blogs are a good representation of Chris Hoy, a British Olympian, who is genuinely unique, strong, and represents hope. I've had a lot of blogs to choose from, but was able to narrow it down to under 10 blogs. It's always hard to choose a few blogs because so many on, say, the Blogs I Like mean something special to me. But we had to begin by choosing less than a thousand. The blogs that my co-founders and I have chosen are all worthy of representing Chris Hoy's qualities. Be sure to go to at least some of the chosen blogs. More information can be found at the "A Hoy" website:

http://threegoldsinonetournament.blogspot.com or click on the picture on the right side of my blog.

Here are my choices (awardees as I like to call them)

http://ajolipa.blogspot.com (Soul Garden)
http://soulsloshing.blogspot.com
http://lnung.blogspot.com (A Place of Happiness & Sadness)
http://vagabondedslurpee.blogspot.com (The Vagabonded Raconteur)
www.untreatableonline.com
http://bipolarblast.wordpress.com (Beyond Meds)


Rules for Making an Award


1. Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award based upon any criteria - for example, the quality of the commentary, wit, humour, artwork, overall design, value to you of the information being provided, and so on.

2. The awarding blogger should choose at least two blogs not on his or her own blogroll, the purpose being to encourage variety of reading matter, and to have the person making the award think about what they like to see and read.

3. Your five choices must be published in a dedicated post on your own blog. This post must contain the name of the author (which may be their logon name), and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone. This post should contain brief details of what attracted you to the blog. Details may also be posted in the comments section of "What is a Hoy?"

4. In the same dedicated post, each winner has to show the award and acknowledge the blog that has given him or her the award.

5. Both those awarding and receiving A Hoy must show the link to A Hoy blog, so that everyone will know the origin of this award.

6. When publishing details of the blogs to which you have made your awards, these rules must be published for recipients to follow.

4 comments:

susan said...

Tracy,

Good blog choices.

I haven't seen you lately in the blogosphere and was worried. I hope you and yours are well, and the cats got presents from Santa Paws.

Radagast said...

Susan got here before me! Long time, no hear - are you OK?

Matt

emory said...

hey it's Emory--I got your linked in thingy but couldn't figure out how to get enrolled find you whatnot. We're living in Longmont. So you're still in Colorado? Let's get together, have dinner, write a poem, do a passaround. :) Or not. Whatever's ok with me. Seeing you would do my heart/mind good. Hope you are well. Can I leave my number here? Ok: 303-678-1316. Or you can come by Joyful Furniture on Pearl and 21st or something like that on Mondays Fridays and Saturdays (days I work). Love you. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
It's ellen x-transcripts clerk just checking in to see how you are doing? I have been heart-broken since i heard that John the bicycle eco-warrior man was killed. His smile was just instant therapy for me. And last month my dogs tried to kill me.I was walking Henry (Raiders replacement)and little Joey, Henry saw a bunny and tried to bolt, Joey got scared and tried to hide behind me and tripped me and i did a face plant on the side walk. i have a concussion, whiplash in my neck, road rash across my face and i might need a new front tooth. Other than that i'm fine. i hope you are doing ok. Ellen