Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Depression, Etc. (#19): What I'd Like for Christmas

What I'd really like for Christmas is an eye drop applicator with a microscopic man who could go anywhere you're suffering and make it right. At this time I'm going through what feels like the emotional equivalent of lifting weights that are way too heavy for me. I'm trying to do what I can through the day, but all the stuff I'm going through eats up my energy and motivation. I have so many great books I could read, some cross stitch, puzzles, video games, and none of it seems to fit in my head space right now.

I've been imagining that my head is made up of pipes and that the microscopic man could go up there and move things around like a plumber, solder pipes together that have broken, throw out things that no longer need to be there, then give everything a good test and leave.

1 comment:

Radagast said...

What a great metaphor: the microscopic technician! Mind you, how's he to know which bits need fixing? He'd need to know what a fully operational brain/mind looked like, wouldn't he?

Matt