Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MEDITATION IS TRICKY

Hello, folks. It's been a very long time since I've posted anything. Life takes a hold sometimes and pulls you into the vortex. Even now, my posts may be off and on, but I feel like I can participate again. Thanks for sticking with me. Promise, there will be more.

I've been meditating for the past few months. Have been at 15 minutes a day and now up to 20 minutes a day. Meditation is something I've done before. Now, though, as recommended to me, I think I'm finally

"getting to it."
Or "getting to it".

Notice period inside of quotation marks. Then notice period outside of quotation marks. I became sidetracked by which was correct. I have to give props to both options. Then I realized that I think sidetracked should be side-tracked. After this, all I can think of is cake.

Anyway, back to the meditation. What I'm trying is silent meditation, meaning that anything my brain wants to throw at me, it throws at me and I can't concentrate on anything but those thoughts, if concentrate is the best way to describe it. I guess being with the thoughts is a better description. I think anyone who meditates realizes that there's not a correct way to do it. I'm stuck with the Western reward system. If it were up to me, I'd see a marmot at the end of my meditation.

3 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Did someone say CAKE? lol welcome back

Anonymous said...

I happen to do loud meditation myself!! I go to a crowded public place, find comfortable high ground, and yell any obscenities that come to my mind as loud as I possibly can for a solid thirty minutes or until law enforcement arrive.

I found it to clarify my thoughts ,create a calm spiritual awakening, and is a great way to continue upon my manifest destiny toward pissing off as many people as I can on this planet before I turn into worm food and travel deep into the infinite cosmos.

Plus loud meditation is more fun and less painful than banging my head against the bath tub....lol

Radagast said...

Well, I'm not sure if one would call it "meditation" in its strictest sense, but quite a useful "trick," I find, is to make myself comfortable in an armchair, or something, and then find a spot on the wall and stare at it until it becomes so boring that my eyes defocus and my mind just disengages and starts to meander.

It's quite fun and relaxing, I can do it almost instantly, now!

Matt